Ever put pressure on yourself to perform?
To get the million things on your list done, RIGHT NOW?
Or, have you experienced that need to be creative, to come up with an amazing idea for a proposal, design, book, blog post, TODAY?
Sometimes it can feel like being productive, and / or creative, are just downright incompatible with being kind to yourself.
And I’m not going to lie to you, it takes a little effort, especially when it comes to not buying into the traps and myths of being busy versus doing good, creative work.
But when you invest in self-care, your creativity will actually be nurtured, and your productivity is likely to increase.
Lessons From the Experts (otherwise known as, Learn from Our Mistakes!)
Bryan Collins, of BecomeAWriterToday.com, knows a thing or two about productivity and creativity. He and I got together for an international Skype call to discuss how, exactly, he and I manage (most of the time – okay, well, some of the time, anyway!) to optimise our creativity and productivity through self-care.
Topics we discuss include:
- What is Self-Care and some of the self-care strategies we use
- The Myths of Creativity and Productivity
- How we focus on what matters
- How not to be seduced by apps and tools
- The different ways in which we both use journalling for self-care
- States of self-care that will help you when you want to be productive versus being creative
- The thing that none of us realise affects our performance more than anything else
- And much more…
Click on the video below to watch.
Are You Ready?
Now you know it can be done.
Or maybe you already have your own secrets on how you optimise your productivity and creativity through self-care?
Oooo, you do?
Go on, spill. We’re not too proud to learn!